What are the Autumn Internationals?
These annual rugby events take place in November and feature teams from the 6 Nations Rugby tournament held in February and March each year, so that’s England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, France and Italy plus other teams from across the Northern Hemisphere. They are called the Home Teams.
They compete against their largely Southern Hemisphere based rivals. Australia, Fiji, South Africa, Argentina and New Zealand are all part of The Rugby Championship. The USA and Canada also play in the Away Team.
Where are the matches held?
One team from the home and away group competes in each event or test match and there are usually two or three matches played per team. England play their matches at Twickenham, Scotland at Murrayfield, Wales at the Millennium Stadium and Ireland at the Aviva Stadium. The Stade de France and Stadio Olimpico host the French and Italian Autumn Internationals matches.
The England matches are sponsored by Old Mutual Wealth and Ireland’s by Guinness, hence the name differences between countries. Essentially the events are the same.
When are the Autumn Internationals for England and Scotland?
England’s Old Mutual Wealth Autumn Internationals at Twickenham:
11th November – England vs. Argentina.
18th November – England vs. Australia.
25th November – England vs. Samoa.
Scotland’s Autumn Test matches at Murrayfield:
18th November – Scotland vs. New Zealand.
25th November – Scotland vs. Australia.
England rugby hospitality is regarded extremely highly. Twickenham is the largest rugby venue north of the equator with a capacity of 82000. Either for a lavish private party experience or a rugby corporate hospitality marketing venture, you’ll be investing wisely on not just a match ticket but an enviable array of breath-taking opportunities, state of the art facilities, fine dining and souvenirs.
Leading England rugby hospitality providers include DTB Sports and Events and below is an example of an Autumn Internationals hospitality package at Twickenham.
England versus Samoa – Rugby House, South Stand:
- An official RFU match ticket – Cat 1 or 2.
- State of the art facilities in a modern rugby hospitality area.
- Drinks reception.
- Guest speaker (in facilities of over 100 guests.)
- Private tables for 10 or shared basis.
- Plasma television screens.
- Official souvenir programme.
- Ref link.
- Complimentary bar pre-match and 1 hour post-match, includes champagne.
- 4 course lunch with fine wines.
- Post-match savoury selection.
- Experienced staff in attendance.
Scotland’s Autumn Internationals hospitality
The Scotland matches packages rival the England rugby hospitality experiences.
Below is a sample rugby corporate hospitality package for Scotland versus New Zealand on the 18th November.
The Thistle Suite
- Gold match ticket – West Stand.
- Unrivalled seats.
- Ex-international host, Doddie Weir.
- Arrival drink.
- Welcome Q&A with past and present rugby icons.
- Private tables for groups of 10. Smaller parties on shared tables.
- 3 course lunch with fine wines.
- Fully inclusive bar – pre and post-match.
- Generous post-match supper.
- Official commemorative menu booklet and programme.
- Business card draw to win exclusive memorabilia – perfect for rugby corporate hospitality guests.
For a personal celebration or to talk business in a conducive environment, this outclasses a pub lunch, hands down.